How to use Orange County’s Household Hazardous Waste Collection Centers
Collection Center Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday - Closed major holidays and rainy days.
More information about household hazardous waste disposal is available at 714-834-6752 and at www.oclandfills.com.
1071 N. Blue Gum Street
Anaheim, CA 92806
At CVT Recycling Center, on Southwest corner
of La Palma Ave. & Blue Gum St. near junction
of 57 and 91 freeways.
17121 Nichols Street, Gate 6
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
At Republic Services, south of Warner Ave.
between Beach Blvd. and Gothard St.
6411 Oak Canyon
Irvine, CA 92618
Next to City of Irvine
CorporateYard & Bark Park. From I-5 exit Sand Canyon.
Go west to Oak Canyon and turn right.
San Juan Capistrano
32250 La Pata Avenue
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Exit I-5 at Ortega Highway
(SR-74). Go east to La Pata Ave.
Turn right and continue to
For your safety, please observe the following regulations in preparing for your visit to the HHWCC:
- A maximum of 15 gallons or 125 pounds may be transported per vehicle, per trip
(Department of Transportation Requirement). It is illegal to exceed these limits.
- Containers larger than five gallons will not be accepted.
- Containers will NOT be returned, except for oil containers, upon request.
- Materials should be in original containers (except motor oil, fuels and antifreeze).
- All containers must have lids, be sturdy, non-leaking, labeled and protected from breakage.
- Do not combine different types of waste.
- Do not mix oil-base paint with latex paint.
- Empty containers with lids removed can be discarded in trash.
When you arrive at the Center, you must remain in your vehicle while a technician removes the material for you.
Visit the Material Exchange Program where you can choose up to five items from a selection of partially used containers of household, yard and car-care products to take home FREE!
Notice: Household Hazardous Waste Collection Centers are not permitted to accept waste from businesses, churches, schools, nonprofit organizations or government agencies.